[MusicTlk] Accessible baton

Tara Briggs thflute at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 16:57:17 UTC 2020

Hi all! Has anyone ever heard of the Haptic Baton? Apparently, it is a baton that allows a blind musician to follow a conductors hand movements. The musician wears wristbands and the baton has a Bluetooth device in it that communicates with the wristbands allowing them to vibrate to the conductors movements. This is one of those wonderful articles that I read on the Internet almost a year ago. I’d really like one of these! Occasionally, I perform with the choir and it would be nice to know what the conductor is doing. Is it possible to purchase one of these without breaking the bank? It seems to me that often times we read articles about these wonderful pieces of technology and then you can’t get a hold of the technology! Any help would be great. Thanks!
Tara

Sent from my iPhone