[MusicTlk] Newbie Intro

Tyler Zahnke programmer651 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 12:08:42 UTC 2020

I've never heard of a GPX file. Okay, LilyPond itself only takes Lily
files and can save MIDI and PDF, however, LilyPond comes with Python,
and some programs that can run on Python. One of these Python programs
can take a MusicXML file and convert it to LilyPond format; another
can convert MIDI to LilyPond, however, this one produces overly
complicated code with specific note velocities and such; well, maybe
the complexity depends on the complexity of the MIDI file itself. So
there are modules for converting those formats to LilyPond; LilyPond
music can be edited in regular text programs like Notepad. However,
I've never heard of a GPX file, however, LilyPond is open-source, so
there are probably Python modules for converting it to LilyPond; maybe
someone wrote a reverse module that can convert LilyPond to MusicXML,
but like I said, LilyPond itself only converts its own format to MIDI
and PDF, but there are so many little modules that there are
definitely files being converted to and from the LilyPond format, but
I've never heard of GPX, it sounds like a format specific to a certain
program.