[MusicTlk] Creating a Virtual Instrument

Annabelle Susan Morison foristnights at comcast.net
Fri Feb 14 12:46:30 UTC 2020

Hi, it's Annabelle.
I'm not sure if this would be the right place to post this, but here goes.
I'm wondering if anybody out there knows where I could find some music boxes
to make a virtual instrument with. I'm going to make one called "Way-Cool
Music Box", and I want to sample a variety of music boxes, note-for-note. I
also want to include any mechanical noises, like key winds, gear noise, and
note damp noise. I know there are a ton of different music boxes out there,
and they all sound different, depending on the kind of movement you choose.
Also, does anybody know what parameters I would use to make my virtual
instrument player, which I would call the Way-Cool Advanced Sample Engine? I
want to code it in C++, but I'd like to make an interface for each operating
system (Windows, Mac, Linux, Unix, and the like), and most important of all,
I want to make this thing accessible to people of all abilities! I'm working
with Codeblocks to make the source code, but I'm not sure where to start.
Does anybody have any suggestions for me?