[MusicTlk] Paid Performance Opportunity for Deseret Experimental Opera Company!

Katelyn MacIntyre katelynmacmusic at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 22:02:46 UTC 2021

Dear all,

Deseret Experimental Opera Company is looking to authentically cast a blind female in their production in March!
They would prefer someone local to Salt Lake City, Utah, but they are open to casting someone in a virtual position to prerecord their part, as well as to be present during the live performance virtually possibly.

They write the following:
We’re seeking a performer to play the role of Elsie Pierath, a blind Danish woman who lived in Salt Lake City starting in 1903. The opera is fairly short, and as the name suggests - experimental.
Our goal is to record the opera portion (due to COVID-19 safety concern) in early March prior to the performance on March 19th-20th. We also will have dancers embodying the characters, and would love to have help crafting the embodiment and portrayal of Elsie.
There will be elements of experimental dance, spoken dialog, singing, etc. involved in the production.
Perspective performers need not necessarily have dance experience as the choreographer is making the dance more pedestrian in nature, and we are flexible to the person not necessarily doing dance, depending on what we decide for the final performance.
It would be ideal to have the music recorded sometime between the week of March 8th and March 15th.
We have approximately 10 tracks of experimental opera recorded.
The composer might be available for coaching or recording a rehearsal track for the performer.

Logistics:
We can promise $400 for performers.

Interested parties should send audio and/or video recording, along with resume and headshot to
Peter Larsen at:
peterlarsen at deseretopera.org

~Katelyn MacIntyre, M.M.
www.katelynmac.com
www.facebook.com/KatelynMacMusic
@KatelynMacMusic
President, National Federation of the Blind Performing Arts Division