[MusicTlk] Does anyone know about JAWS and a program called Ear Master Pro?

Jim Portillo portillo.jim at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 17:35:11 UTC 2021

Howdy,

Since this is a list for music stuff and blindness, I thought I'd ask the
following.

Has anyone heard of a program called Ear Master Pro? It is a music program
that has to do with music theory training. There are various classes,
exercises, and workshops within the program that one can do. I downloaded
the free version to see how well it would work with JAWS.

I first tried it using my computer with JAWS, and it did not work at all.
This was using the latest JAWS version with Windows 10. My guess is that it
is super graphic oriented, which surprises me, since so many of the things
it does are related to listening.

I then tried it on my iPad and iPhone using VoiceOver, and I got much
farther into it and playing demos, but when it was time to do the lessons or
exercises, nothing would happen. It would just go back to the home screen.

The program and app doesn't seem to like screen reading software, like JAWS
or even Narrator. However, before jumping the gun and complaining to the
makers of the software, I thought I'd ask if anyone on the list has used it
and if it has worked for you. I do know that visually, there is a lot on the
screen, including menus and other things. So, it's just JAWS that doesn't
read a single thing, except for the title of the program.

Thanks much.

Jim