[MusicTlk] An Acoustic Christmas link

blind411 at verizon.net blind411 at verizon.net
Tue Dec 27 15:20:09 UTC 2022

Dear Rick and Anyone else Interested,

                Thank you very much for the compliments. I guess you know I use Reaper as my DAW. In addition, my guitar is a 1990 Martin D35 strung with Martin Silk & Steel extra light (.10 - .47) strings. My mic is a Blue Bird condenser mic run through a FocusRite Scarlet 2I2 interface. The only fx I used were the standard EQ, compression, reverb, and autotune Reaper stock plugins. I did all the harmonies myself – no harmonizer. The Gregorian chant in Veni Veni Emmanuel consists of 20 takes – 10 for the melody and 10 for the harmony – although, truth be told, I did several more than that which did not end up in the final mix. If you listen to We Wish You a Merry Christmas through headphones, you will be able to hear the spacial definitions of each of my three voices, left, center, and right! If anyone wants to chat Reaper stuff and/or need some help with it, please send me an email off-list to my music email address swampfox1833 at verizon.net <mailto:swampfox1833 at verizon.net> .

For those who take interest in how one arrives at particular email addresses, I perform under the name “Marion & Martin”, a nod to my guitar. Francis Marion was known as “swamp Fox” and Martin guitars was established in 1833! I hope everyone has an incredible and prosperous New Year!

Peace!

Marion