[MusicTlk] Using Skype and audio interfaces with the Mac

Steve Martin monkeypusher69 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 22:49:54 UTC 2022

As for stand alone guitar amp sims, the only one I am aware of that’s accessible is AmpKit. It’s found in the App Store. It’ hasn’t been updated in years and is a bit dated but otherwise you will need to run a DAW (GarageBand, Logic, Reaper etc) to use other amp plug ins accessibly. If you want to pipe the sound of your guitar going through  the amp sim plus your voice through Skype not sure you can do that without 3rd party routing software. Zoom may be a better fit for this especially if you use zoom on the Mac and enable music mode. The Zoom Audio driver should allow you to route the amp sim into Zoom as well if it works like I think it does.

Your Mac should be plenty sufficient for the task at hand however, I don’t think this is something you will need a new one for.

Steve
.