[MusicTlk] Piano, correct fingering, left-hand, two chords

Sandra Gayer sandragayer7 at gmail.com
Tue May 17 09:19:11 UTC 2022

Hello,
I thought you were asking about this, in relation to a piece of music.
Fingering depends on what you are coming from and what you are going
to. Whatever works for you and your hands, I say! The no thumb thing
is really about exams. also, the harpsichord only uses the four
fingers of each hand.

Very best wishes,
Sandra.

On 5/17/22, Lone Arranger via MusicTlk <musictlk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> All I was really after was clarification on use of the thumb on a black key
> when playing a chord in the left hand. It’s why I chose the two chords I
> asked about. I guess I could have also asked about E flat major triad or
> something similar. In any case, thanks to all for the help.
>

>> On May 16, 2022, at 9:00 PM, Ella Yu via MusicTlk <musictlk at nfbnet.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>> As for not using thumbs on black keys, that really depends on context.
>> For
>> playing chords involving black keys you will need to use your thumb a lot
>> but for singular notes that happens far less frequently. Also, for the D7
>> chord do you mean D major 7 or D dominant 7? Either way, the fingering is
>> the same.
>>
>>> On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 6:14 PM Lone Arranger via MusicTlk <
>>> musictlk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks for the help, Debra. I was really curious about the one finger,
>>> the
>>> thumb. So many people have told me not to use the thumb on the black

--
Sandra Gayer DipABRSM, LRSM.

Soprano Singer
www.sandragayer.com