[nabentre] supplemental income

David Evans drevans at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 1 19:19:18 UTC 2009

Dear All,

Just sticking my two cents in here, but you can use companies like this to
start your own cottage business, with a little imagination.
You could get a web site set up for your self and, as a business, buy items
wholesale, combining them into greater and grander products.
For an example, you could buy items, from various sources, such as
chocolate, wines, cheeses, crackers and anyone of a thousands of other
things, into gift baskets or packages and then ship them to the end user or
customer and handle the orders by e-mail.
Branding a business is key, so that people identify a product with your
business.  Just like "Flowers.com, M and M's candies, "Star Bucks"

Your imagination and hard work can make all of the difference.
You can also find a new product and get Rights to be an exclusive dealer for
it.  If you have the rights to a product and a territory andset it up so
that every time that product is sold, a little piece comes back to you, you
will earn more money than you can ever imagine.
I will tell you a story.
I had a friend named E.Joseph Costman.  He was a multi-millionaire in the
mail order business.  You have likely seen some of his ads in books and
magazines, especially if you ever read any DC Comic Books.
He always had the ads in there for things like the x-ray glasses, spud gun,
ant farm, CS spray to stop dogs and muggers and a lot of others.
He only invented two of the items he sold and found the others, after they
had been abandoned by their inventor or by inventors who did not know how to
market them correctly.

I met him at a seminar and be came friends with him until his death.
At one of his seminars, a young man had just seen the movie "Star Wars" and
was still thinking about the movie as he ran some errands that included a
trip to a sporting goods store to pick up a flashlight for a camping trip.
As he walked around the store with the flashlight in hand, he passed the
golf equipment area and saw some translucent plastic tubes used to keep golf
clubs separated in the golf bag.
He pulled one of the tubes out and , in a moment of inspiration, stuck it on
the end of the flashlight and turned on the light.  The tube lit up and
looked just like the "light saber" in the movie.  He bought the flashlight
and tube and took them home.  He glued the tube on the end of the flashlight
and sat in the dark playing with it for hours.
He realized he had a great new "hot" toy item in his hands.  He called up a
major department store chain and told them he had a new product and asked
what he had to do to sell it to the store.
They told him to bring it in and they would talk.  He did and the store
buyer wrote him up an order for almost 70,000 units for which he would make
$3.00 profit, after cost, on every unit.
He now had a product and an order and no capitol to make it happen.  He
called Mr. Costman and asked him what he should do.  Costman gave him the
name of a man in Mexico and told him to sell the exclusive rights for his
toy for the seed money.  The man in Mexico bought the rights for Mexico for
$35,000 .  The young man then hired a bunch of his friends, rented some
warehouse space and all of the materials.  His girl friend designed a simple
packaging for him and they set to work filling the order.  The toy light
saber was a best seller that year, all over the World and the young man
retired before the age of 30 with millions in the bank.
Now could you have done the same thing?
Could you have done something similar?
There are over 120 new products introduced in the U.S. alone every day of
the year.  Most go no where, even though they are good marketable products
The U.S. is not the only place in the World that new products come from.
There are many other countries  that bring new items to the market every
day.  They all need someone to sell them and you could be one of them.
Think about it?

I just offer this for thought.
I am not selling anything and just want you to think out of the box.

David Evans, NFBF.