[nabentre] Greetings! Is Anybody Home?

Liz C. Daniels lizworks at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 31 03:00:37 UTC 2009

Dear Group,

What a nice surprise to see several responses, thank you!

OK, so here's my brief intro:

My name is Liz Conejo Daniels, and along with my DH and guide dog, we live
in the Los Angeles area.

I've been freelancing as a Spanish-English language interpreter for the past
seven years or so.

I was born in San José, Costa rica, and legally emigrated to this country
many years ago.  I was also educated in both spanish and English
simultaneously , so have essentially retained being bilingual.

However, I've recently come to the conclusion that I'm working in a dead-end
job, am burned out and need to make some much-needed life changes this year.

I'm middle-aged, have plenty of work experience and joined this list to get
ideas and perhaps network a little.

When not interpreting between various service providers and Limited English
People (LEP's) I enjoy playing guitar and recorder, singing, knitting,
horseback riding and yoga.

Actually, one of the possibilities I'd like to explore might be that of
teaching yoga.

If anyone has any questions and/or comments, please feel free to post; I'd
love to get some feedback.

Chao!

Liz and Pirate