[nabentre] does anyone one if any of the Pitney Bowes Mailing Machines are accessible to the blind

slery slerythema at insightbb.com
Wed Jul 14 22:07:13 UTC 2010

I don't remember if I looked at their machine but I can tell you that you
need one that works with the computer to have any hope of it being
accessible. We looked at several when we needed one that weighs things in
small amounts and I am not totally happy with the one we got and you must
have some form of vision to use it.

The one I have for large packages is analog (and again requires some form of
sight) but it has a lever to lock it down. So I place the package on top,
lock the lever, then remove the package and I can get close enough or use
magnifiers to read it.

If you ever find one that works with purchasing online postage and is
accessible, I would appreciate that information.

Cindy