[nabentre] Business Opportunity

Homme, James james.homme at highmark.com
Fri Jun 18 17:45:10 UTC 2010

Hi,
I'm speaking purely from my point of view with this message and attempting to think out loud and not be offensive. Bob or Lauren, if you want to get in touch with me, use jhomme1028 at gmail.com. This is just my brain dump so feel free to move on when tired of reading.

I was an Amway distributor for a while. I, personally, had a bad experience. I don't feel that it had to do with the idea of MLM, though. That was back when the Internet was either being used not at all for MLM or very little for that purpose.

I'm a quiet person, unless I really believe in something, and even then, I'm not going to feel all warm and fuzzy about the whole mind-set of (no offense meant) cultish behavior. Things like:

* If they're not in your business, you don't need to be friends with them.
* You have to give the pitch to anyone within three feet of you.
* Pitching products you don't believe in.
* Saying that the stuff you sell is cheap, when someone can go to any store and get the same thing for less.

I'm a musician, and I've written some tunes, so I understand and appreciate the whole idea of making money on what other people do. Composers, artists, and authors get royalties that perpetuate to the next generation.

I don't know what makes pyramid schemes legal or illegal, but I work for a company. Every company has someone at the top with people under them, with people under them, and so on. No matter how you look at it, that's generally the structure of any business with multiple people in it. So just saying that something's a pyramid shape doesn't mean anything in and of itself.

I didn't read every word on Bob's site, but I saw that the structure goes only five levels down for the business owner. My memory tells me that one of the bad things about a pyramid structure is when it goes down forever, but I forget why that is. I haven't run into the compensation plan yet, so I don't know how fair it is.

I read the following book a few years ago and liked it, but dropped the idea because at that time I was still uncomfortable based on my earlier experience. The book made me feel that there may be hope for someone like me if I ever decide to do MLM again.

How A Shy Guy Like Me Earned Over $1 Million in Network Marketing
Joe Brown

Brief Synopsis:
"HOW A SHY GUY LIKE ME EARNED OVER $1 million in network marketing, Without Selling, Phone Calls, Meetings or Any of that Other stuff That Nobody Wants
to do."
Long Synopsis:
Explains the system the author developed that earned him a big income in network marketing.
Book Quality:
Excellent
Book Size:
246 Pages