[nabentre] web sites

Mary Ellen gabias at telus.net
Sat Jun 19 23:56:42 UTC 2010

Thanks for those comments. I sent the web site info in order to give those
who were curious about the company I discussed in a previous message the
opportunity to poke around and learn more about it, only if interested. I
have thought for a long time that it would be nice if a list of all the
contact info for any blind people running businesses could be available for
easy reference on the web somewhere. I'd rather buy my airline tickets or my
Avon products from a blind entrepreneur if possible.
Our community includes a lot of unemployed people. I would love to be able
to put my money where my mouth is and support blind people with the gumption
to go into business than to buy from strangers. Of course, I'm assuming
products are priced reasonably and service is good.
I'm not particularly competent at technological matters, so this job would
be better done by someone with more skill. Still, until someone better
qualified comes along, I'm prepared to make a start at developing such a
list.
If you want to be included, please send me your name, your business with a
short description no longer than two or three sentences, and your contact
information including phone, e-mail, web site. Please do this off the list
by writing to me at gabias at telus.net and putting "my contact info" in the
subject line.
I'll gather the messages together for the next month or so, or until a tech
savvy person comes along to take over. We'll have to figure out where the
list can be posted and put in the proper disclaimors about not being
responsible for the interactions of the public with any business listed.
I really hope someone with more cataloguing talent will come along to put
this list together and keep it updated. But I will make a start.

Mary Ellen