[nabentre] FW: Humans Being More

Mary Ellen gabias at telus.net
Sun Jun 27 01:59:04 UTC 2010

Dear LE

You write:  "I think this is appropriate for the list in that it addresses
personal growth at work, which is where people spend a good portion of their
time and energy. A blind entrepreneur would presumably have to deal with
people, so anything like this in my view would be of interest."  You ask if
you are wrong in thinking this way.  I don't think that you are.  Indeed, a
person's life, including his or her working life will always benefit from
personal growth, and Nikken's Humans Being More will be helpful in that
respect.
You also write:  "I say
this because I spent too many waking hours at my old job worrying about the
wrong things because there was disfunctionality and uncertainty all around.
I had a supervisor tell me not to get emotionally attached to my work, but
my thought was that after all the hours and energy I had put into it, how
could I have done it without investing a little piece of myself, and how
could it not hurt to just dump it?"  Nikken's Humans Being More is partly
about setting and following up on goals for the future, taking the past into
account, so it doesn't hold us back.
You also write:  "How would I as a good manager in my own startup business
handle a similar
experience of an employee working under me?"  Nikken's Humans Being More
helps us get into the habit of considering what other people's experiences
might be, behind   their overt behavior, which might not always be pleasant.
So, it is an excellent course for managers.
If you want to discuss your specific situation in more detail, or if you
want more information about Nikken's Humans Being More, you can always call
me at:
(250) 491-7226, or my husband Paul at: (250) 491-7256.  You can also email
me at:  Gabias at telus.net or Paul at pgabias at gabiaswellness.com.

Mary Ellen