[nabentre] Discussions on how to be a Independent Contractor Travel Agnet

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 22 10:32:17 UTC 2011

Good morning all:

Over the last few weeks, including at the National Convention of the NFB in
Orlando, FL, I have given a few talks about becoming a home based travel
agent.

Mostly getting started, which host agency to get involved with which ones to
stay away from, NACTA (National Association of Career Travel Agents), how
much you need to start the business, Errors and Omission Insurance, and a
whole lot more.

I did one at the Travel and Tourism Division meeting, where I also was
elected president of the division, and we will have our first board meeting
on Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 7pm Eastern. For all those that are
interested I will give you the call in number for it.

I believe David Andrews posted the information to the list already.

Have done some individually with people who have e-mailed me about becoming
a travel agent as well.

No the Travel Agent is not dead, especially the ones that offer service to
the blind and disabled.

Also I have spoken at some job fairs, and done advocacy talks to many of the
suppliers as well. (Cruise lines, land destinations, etc.)

I do not charge a fee for my service, unless I am asked to speak at an
event.

Being an NFB member I am here to help if anyone is interested.
Leading the Way in Independent Travel!

Cheryl Echevarria
http://www.echevarriatravel.com
631-456-5394
reservations at echevarriatravel.com

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Superior Travel, located in
Baldwin, NY. www.superiortravel.com

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Absolute Cruise & Travel, Inc.