[nabentre] Hello, my name is Brian Mackey

Brian Mackey bmackey88 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 17:43:56 UTC 2011

Dear Fellow Federationists,

Hello, my name is Brian Mackey of Medford, New Jersey. I am a member of
NFBNJ. I am a member of New Jersey's At Large Chapter, Technology Division,
and Braille Division. I am a board member of New Jersey's Garden State
Chapter.

Back in late October, the person who I go to get my glasses re-aligned gave
me a name to contact regarding a possible job opening. When mom read the
name, she instantly recognized the name. It was a fellow member in her
Rotary group! It is at an accounting firm in downtown Medford called Padden
Denn Drewry. A few days later, we contacted the person and he said to come
in for an interview.

A few days after that phone call, we went for the interview. I thought it
was for an internship. But, during the interview Mr. Padden suggested that I
start a self-employed accounting service sub-contracting company. The reason
that he suggested that I should do that instead of being one of his
employees is that I can still do my volunteer jobs. I agreed to that and we
have been working together to get it started. The name of the company is
Mackey Enterprises LLC. Mom is my 1% partner. I am entering client's checks
into their QuickBooks accounts and doing bank reconciliations. The company
will be a work-from-home company, which means I don't have to worry too much
about transportation costs. The only time I have to go to Padden Denn Drewry
is to pick up the documents I need to input into the QuickBooks file for the
clients. They helped me obtained copies of QuickBooks.

I am only working with QuickBooks 2011 at the moment. To begin with, Padden
Denn Drewry will be sending some of their clients over to me. I just got my
first client today! I am very excited to use the accounting knowledge that I
obtained while at the trade school in Cherry Hill, Harris School of
Business. Hopefully in the future, other accounting companies will send some
of their clients in my direction. I will keep you updated.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Brian A. Mackey

Brian A. Mackey

Mackey Enterprises LLC

Board Member, National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey Garden State
Chapter

609-953-6988

E-mail: bmackey88 at gmail.com