[nabentre] what is hope

Mary Ellen gabias at telus.net
Sat Jun 25 23:39:40 UTC 2011

Loren,
I appreciated that message.

Hope, along with faith and charity, is freely available to all of us.  If
someone does find a way to make a living teaching about hope and faith and
charity, so long as the person doing the teaching is ethical in his or her
business dealings and provides value for the money, I for one would be quite
happy to see such an entrepreneur become fabulously wealthy!  In these days
when so much gloom and doom dominates the commentaries about all things
economic, a huge dose of hope, based on reality, is just what the nation
needs.  Hope is at the core of any entrepreneurial effort; without hope, why
take the entrepreneurial risk.

Brian, your message points out, correctly, that there are those who exploit
fear, and hope, and give little in return.  I believe, however, that most
people who engage in business are motivated by a genuine desire to give
something of value for a fair return.  If "selling"" hope and the strategies
to turn formless hope into viable action makes someone a millionaire, we're
all the richer for it.