[nabentre] nabentre - blind business owner

Daniel Meek dmmeek at advisorfyi.net
Tue Sep 6 15:12:39 UTC 2011

Sunish,

I use a program called Captools.net to track my client's data.  Each night I
receive an encrypted data file from our custodian and Captools automatically
imports the data into its databases.

As for Jaws, I am not certain about the accessibility.  I use NVDA
(Non-Visual Desktop Access at nvda-project.org).  NVDA is a free and open
source screen reader.  For the most part, Captools and NVDA play together
pretty well.  However, I use sighted help with the account reconciliation
aspect of Captools because of the use of color markers (and it is just
faster to have someone else take care of that function).

Now on to Excel… If I start talking about Excel, I just might not stop.  I
use Excel for almost everything, and if I don't use it for something it is
not because I didn’t try.  I'll try to keep it to investing here.  I use an
Excel based Monte Carlo engine, called Quantext at quantext.com, to analyze
stocks and options.  Quantext is a great tool and there is a ton of
documentation, research,  and articles available to you.

I also build a lot of my spreadsheets.  I use a free excel add-in called
smf-addin.  This add-in is free and can be downloaded from its yahoo group
page at http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/smf_addin/
This add-in allows you to easily download data from Yahoo Finance, Market
Watch, Morningstar, and many other websites directly to an Excel spreadsheet
to analyze.  Additionally, the yahoo group is very responsive and helpful.

I hope I have answered your questions. Please let me know if I can help you
further.

Daniel Meek