[nabentre] Grant Writers

Homme, James james.homme at highmark.com
Mon Sep 19 10:48:49 UTC 2011

Hi,
That's a good idea.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: nabentre-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nabentre-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of David Andrews
Sent: Sunday, September 18, 2011 9:33 PM
To: NFBnet NAB Entrepreneurs Mailing List
Subject: Re: [nabentre] Grant Writers

What David tells you is good advice.  I would add that there is a
place called the "grantsmanship Center" I believe, if memory
serves.  They conduct grant writing workshops all over the
country.  They aren't cheap, but good.

I have worked as a fund-raiser, writing lots of grants, and even
getting a few (smile.)  The hardest parts of grant writing aren't the
actual writing, assuming you are at least an ok writer, but the
research, and knowing how and what to ask for -- crafting the
grant.  The actual writing is only a minor part of the whole process.

You could probably find a local nonprofit for whom you could
volunteer and get some experience.

Dave