[nabentre] Telephone recording revisited

Brad Dunsé lists at braddunsemusic.com
Thu Jan 12 02:00:28 UTC 2012

Hi List,

This was discussed a while back but I believe it
was concerning land lines. I am looking to find a
way to record interviews via an iPhone that is
reliable and not unprofessional from the
interviewee's standpoint. I tried a test
call  using an ear bud and digital recorder split
off the phone and  that sort of worked, but the
caller was very hard to hear which was the
opposite of what I thought  would happen,
especially  since I couldn't hear myself in real
time in the ear bud. At any rate I am looking to
record  phone interviews off an iPhone on
technology here and not a conference call  or 3rd
party option that I know is out there.

One option I haven't explored because of the cost
is using a blue tooth wireless gaming headset
that will also patch in the phone. If I can
record  from my computer by tapping into the
headset's sound card, that might work but the
head set is expensive. I want a pair anyway and
this might serve as a good excuse however 'big chucklel'.

Any pointers is appreciated.  Thanks.

Brad

Brad Dunsé