[nabentre] Telephone recording revisited

Brad Dunsé lists at braddunsemusic.com
Thu Jan 12 03:51:15 UTC 2012

Brian,

Can you elaborate how you got it set up? The
Olympus you mentioned is a digital recorder not head set?

>I just tried this now:

1. Off an Olympus VN6100 digital recorder I put a
Y connector off the mike input
2. One pig tail had a lead going  to the iPhones headphone jack
3. The other pig tail went to my headset

In this I could record  both my voice and the
caller, but  I couldn't hear the caller in my ear
buds very well at all. Likely this is due to
Apple's  much different head phone jack meant to
control volumes, control MP3 player, and dual
traveling sound for mike and ear buds. Of course
the control on the ear bud cord would not work as
it was routedc through the recorder.

The easiest solution is to simply put them on
speaker phone and record the interview open air,
but that is not too professional and not that great of an audio quality either.

I'm interested in the gaming headset, but that is
an issue too as Win7 does not allow for recording
off a computer as XP does,  for reasons of
copyright issues. I think they exceeded their
boundaries disabling that ability. We can get
into  virtual audio cable but I really do not
want to muck around with my system as such.

Brad

Brad Dunsé