[nabentre] financial info

Brad Dunsé lists at braddunsemusic.com
Wed Mar 14 12:57:57 UTC 2012

The Small Business Administration does loans, but
there are quite a few hoops to jump through from
what I understand. I've not applied for one myself.

I will say unless things have changed, generally
to secure a loan, unless your mom is going to be
your partner and likely the primary loan holder,
a financial institution of any kind will likely
want to see "your own personal assets." The idea
is your personal investment/sacrifice into the
endeavor, not your ability to risk someone else's revenue.

You could check with the Foundation Center and do
some research  to see if there are any
foundations out there which help in such
situations, but foundations deal mostly with NFP
organizations rather than individuals or for
profit endeavors, but  there are some out there from my understanding.

In either case, they will want to see a business
plan showing the step by step process, goals,
perhaps competition in the area, and etc.  so
that is a great place to start. I believe there
are resources on SBA's site on how to write one if you've not done so.

Also the Foundation Center, in conjunction with
what use to be RFB&D. created an audio book on
grant writing which has a lot of the same
information as business plans, plus gives you
insight in the tone and style how to write grant
applications. It is a pretty hefty read though, downloadable in MP3 format.

I would suggest perhaps checking with BookShare
and BARD to see if there are any books on
creative financing for ideas. If the assets are
low, which is the case with many of us these
days; it may require a partner or limited
liability partner, someone who has enough faith
in your ability who is willing to be a capital
venturist. Of course payment terms or percentage
of profits would be worked out and such.

Pizza pizza :)

Brad

On 3/14/2012  01:13 AM gary lemberg said...

Hello everyone My name is gary Lemberg.  I live
in Maywood NJ.  I am interested in opening a
Little Caesars Franchise in my area.  My question
is the initial amount that I need is about
$200,000 .  I have to have a net worth of
$150,000 excluding $50,000 in liquid. I was
wondering if I could use my mom’s 401k for
collateral for a business loan?  Does anybody
know of any places that offer loans for business
to people that are blind or visually impaired?  I
hope that someone can help answer my questions.
Sincerely Gary Lemberg
To unsubscribe, change your list options or get
your account info for nabentre:
<http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabentre_nfbnet.org/lists@braddunsemusic.com>http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabentre_nfbnet.org/lists%40braddunsemusic.com

Brad Dunsé

"Either make a plan for your life, or settle for
being part of another's." --American Proverb

http://www.braddunsemusic.com

http://www.facebook.com/braddunse

http://www.twitter.com/braddunse