[nabentre] Career/Entrepreneurship common questions and concerns

Brad Dunse lists at braddunsemusic.com
Mon Mar 18 13:06:28 UTC 2013

Phil,

Having been self- or family-employed both as a sighted  and blind
individual, plus having seen various questions asked from time-to-time;
here are a  few questions   that might come up or have need to be answered.

. Do I need to live in a metro area with public transportation, or can I
operate from my rural home?

. How and where do I go about finding a driver?

. Should I utilize family and friends as my reader or driver?

. What tools are out there to help with paperwork and keeping my business
digital?

. Can I run my business totally on-line, partially on-line, or face-to-face?
*Depending on business type of course*

. How much capital do I need to get a basic business off the ground? *Again,
depends on business, but aside from specialized fees or equipment*

. Do I need to complete a business plan?

. Where can I get financial assistance, loans, grants, and etc.?

. I see mailings and advertisements to pay for books on tricks to getting
grants are they legitimate?

. I use a guide dog as my mobility tool, will that distract or put-off a
potential client?

. What digital tools are out there for navigation, are they accessible, and
are they reliable?

. Do I use Facebook, Linked-In, Google+, or all three and more?

. Do I need to have a blog?

. Are there any restrictions to running my business from my home?

. What does the SBA offer in terms of free help and can I get a loan from
them as a disabled applicant?

. Is there a list of both blind and business startup resources available
such as discussion lists, networking sites, articles, classes, etc.?

These are just some off-cuff items to hopefully help some. Good luck on your
project.

Brad