[nabentre] Freshbooks - Accounting & Invoicing Software?

Albert J Rizzi albert at myblindspot.org
Mon Mar 24 17:50:51 UTC 2014

Brad,

What I am saying, is that with the launch of the 2014 version of QuickBooks
for Windows, there is far more accessibility and usability built into the
program. We are still perfecting aspects of the program, and must honestly
state that there are still hurdles we need to overcome with regard to
accessibility and usability.

We have had to rely on a minimal scripting solution to bridge what digital
divide still exists. We have developed a set of JAWS scripts to use to
maximize the end user experience that will be available through My Blind
Spot. Additionally, we are working to ensure that NVDA and Window-Eyes also
work with the desktop version of the program.

Here are some examples of how effectively the program works, with a member
of the MBS team, Richard Kelly, narrating and navigating QB on his desktop
highlighting what we are going to be offering as additional supports in the
form of self paced virtual lessons. There will also be a set of tutorials,
with the screen reader in mind, to compliment the version of QB we worked
on.

Check Writing Lesson:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxErIBUvVak&feature=youtu.be

Selecting Chart of Accounts as Home Screen and Recommended Basic Settings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nioOjbvSCkU

This next video is the video that MBS produced that got the exec team at
Intuit to understand the need for accessibility in their product line:
Dixie Sanderson Piece

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZklXouXyORk

We still have more work to do, and are in dialogue with various departments
and divisions within Intuit to ensure that the discussions evolves to a
level that infuses accessibility deeply into the DNA of the corporation.

Below is a promo we developed about My Blind Spot for your viewing pleasure.
please feel free to contact me, and I can have Richard reach out to you to
discuss his first hand experiences with the program, and further investigate
how the usable version may help you in your endeavors.

MBS Promo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GP41qiJ33E
Albert J. Rizzi, M.Ed.
Founder and CEO