[nabentre] ideas for work that blind people can successfully do from home

Daniel Perry karate at centurylink.net
Mon Feb 19 01:16:26 UTC 2018

I don't have a degree, I quit college after about 4 years of absolute misery
and unhappyness because of the lack of accessibility and do to the simple
fact that I wasn't having any fun, so the most I have is a high school
deploma, and although I technically graduated from my local school system, I
really graduated from the virginia school for the deaf and blind in Staunton
which is a fate I would not wish on my own worst enemy. When I graduated
from there, the kind of work they had me doing, no employer in his right
mind would have hired me for. I basically got payed to do things like play
with the dogs at a boarding kennal, rewind tapes at the talking book center
there at the local public library, and clean the chairs in the school's
dining hall. I can type well on the computer as I say I've been using them
since I was 5 years old, and if you'd like to know where my true passion
lies it's in computer and video games. But math is to me what criptonite is
to superman so I couldn't even code a game to save my life. And there in
lies the challenge. I'm not really sure what I'd be good at to be quite
honest with everyone. I could probably do transcription, but I don't really
have any sort of equipment at all to do that kind of work. This usability
testing thing sounds like something I could really get into though, so I'll
look that over first and listen to other suggestions from the group as well.
And no, I don't think I'm a part of the jobs email list come to think of it.