[nabentre] accessible work from home

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Fri Mar 30 16:24:58 UTC 2018

Good morning everyone,

	It's also true that blind people are exposed to business
opportunities but decline them. We have seen this over and over again from
blind persons in the U.S. and abroad.

	These rejections are not limited to network marketing opportunities.

	I recently heard that some blind persons were opposed to
crowdfunding because they viewed it as another form of begging. Crowdfunding
is used to raise funds for numerous needs and projects yet blind people are
not tapping this form of fundraising and perhaps making a business of
helping others create crowdfunding sites.

	I was once a street musician also called a busker. Busking is a very
old form of income generation that has been used for centuries by performers
of one kind or another. Provided one opbains the proper permits if required
and follows the rules and guidelines street performers are expected to
observe when operating within various municipalities one can earn a
lucritive income as a street performer. mOst of the time you'll need to get
off of your behind, and learn some travel skills so you can get out of the
house the rewards can be wonderful! Like crowdfunding many blind people
still view it as begging despite busking's honorable place in history. The
difference is that a street performer is providing a service to their
community in exchange for donations. In some situations street performers
may also receive compensation from the city or town in which they perform to
supplement the donations they collect. It's the service aspect that
separates a busker from a beggar who simply collects mony for whatever
reason without compensating the giver for their monitary donation.

 We constantly hear blind people say they wish they had an income creation
vehicle that allowed them to work from home. yet when presented with such
oppoortunities they make some excuse for not wanting to do it and if they
decide to test the entrepreneurial waters they're discouraged from trying.
When they attempt to earn an income using time-tested ways to earn a living
they're treated like a crab and pulled back into poverty's crab basket.

	Thanks to busking I was able to leave Massachusetts on vary short
notice in 1981 and didn't have to spend three days living in the streets of
Boston. None of those blind people who were mad at me because I was willing
to explore a unique way to earn a living were in any financial position to
help me in a time of despiration when it was needed. They should really
talk!

	Likewise thanks to our networking business Mary now has a
fully-working Braille-Edge 40 she bought without crawling to rehab a swamp
we're glad we didn't have to drain for her to buy a more compact Braille
display with new capabilities her Pack Mate doesn't have.

	All businesses require you to learn new skills. We heard some folks
say they don't like to talk to strangers something any one who owns a store
of one kind or other must do on a daily basis. If they don't the business
will fail on day one. Other types of businesses also require you to
cultivate people skills too. Unless you want to work for someone else the
rest of your life only to retire on a third of your income you must learn
and master these skills to be successful. While we don't get it perfect 100%
of the time our ability to communicate with people has been recognized by
others. A blind friend of mine from Massachusetts recently hired me to help
promote his new book. Remember that tretus I wrote called "The Decision" in
which I detailed the many ways in which business ownership has blessed us? I
can add one more blessing to that pile in being able to create another
income stream without leaving home.

	From time to time we receive messages from folks complementing us on
our success. To all of them we say "Not so." We're only successful when
others follow our llead. When we share our various business ideas with you
and you take up the charge and become successful that's when we succeeded
because we did our job and are reaping the rewards of having done it well.
The good news to those who have been exposed to different business
opportunities and turned them down it's not too late to make a mid course
correction. Mary and I can be very forgiving people and are willing to do
whatever is necessary to help someone become successful. All the best for a
wonderful Easter.

Peter Donahue who needs to buy a new pare of shoes so he can dress for
success.