[nabentre] Accessible Work-From-Home Opportunities

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Fri Mar 30 19:07:46 UTC 2018

Hello again everyone,

                While I can't speak for other work-from-home opportunities
and their accessibility I can say that our team and our parent company are
working hard to make their Internet and mobile sites and apps accessible
with assistive technology. I know this for a fact because I have worked with
our teams' project coordinator to make our mobile suite of apps usable with
screen readers and other assistive technology.

                In addition to working with our team I and a few other blind
entrepreneurs are working closely with our parent company to insure the
accessibility of all of it's Web and mobile resources. They're working with
WCAG, Microsoft and others including us their end users to achieve this goal
before their new Website goes live later this year. We're also urging them
to make these resources available on more platforms such as Apple T.V.
Amazon Fire T.V., Roku,and others.

                Contrary to what some have said here there are companies
working hard to make the business doable from one's home and further
eliminating many of the obstacles Lauren outlined in her message earlier
today. For example our parent company heavily frowns on partners stocking
large product inventories' they may never move. Rather they have in place a
"Direct fulfillment" program where team members and customers have their
products shipped directly from the company to them saving the team member
the hassle of having to deliver the products themselves. This along with our
Web and mobile technology allowed many business activities to be done from
one's home. We currently service customers in Dallas and in several cities
in Massachusetts all without leaving home. Under certain conditions we can
also operate in certain countries and territories directly from the U.S.
making it possible to have team members and customers in places such as
Canada and the Dominican Republic to name a few.

                What some of you people are looking for is staring you right
in the face. Will you have the good sense to board this train before it
leaves the station or wwill you keep on wishing and hoping achieving
absolutely nothing? Had someone not given us a good kick in the pants and
pushed us to seace opportunity I may have spent several nights on the
streets of Boston and Mary may hnot have her Braille-Edge 40;. All the best.

                Peter Donahue who looks forward to attending the Bracebridge
Dinner at Yosemite National Park with wife Mary but wouldn't want to go
there alone.