[nabentre] Get The Whole Story!

Daniel Perry karate at centurylink.net
Sat Sep 1 20:03:08 UTC 2018

Peter, I don't doubt what you say at all, and it may be absolutely true for
you. Again. I meant you absolutely no disrespect what so ever when I first
spoke on here. I'm not even really desperate for work to be honest with you,
just looking for that something to do on the side. I'm just not the type of
person to do these kinds of opportunities like Amway first of all because I
don't have that kind of personality, I know because I tried and failed
Scentsy after only my first little while of doing it. I simply can not get
around as much as I would love to because the public transportation options
in my town are very limited indeed since I live in a mid-sized country town
where there is literally almost no ambition to speak of and most of the
people here can't seem to understand that we as blind people are very
capable people. I've only recently discovered a church that's a good bible
believing church and my blindness and prosthetic leg aren't even an issue.
Recently, we had our 25th year anniversary carnivl, and I was chosen to hand
out the prize bags at the table for the kids to put their prizes in at the
different games we had set up. Also for a job, I work for a company as a
personal contractor for right now where I actually test web sites, software
applications and apps for the smart devices and see how accessible they are
and then answer a questionnaire after each work flow providing my feedback
on how accessible that particular area of the site or what ever type of
project I'm working on happened to be and what needs fixing if anything. I
absolutely love the people I work with and they love me. They're wanting to
make me a full employee at some point so I'll no longer be an independent
contractor but a full employee which for me, is one hek of a milestone and
one that's taken me 15 years to reach. So please do not insult my
intelligence and integrity by calling us losers just because not everyone
wants to do what you do. I agree with Brad. Not everyone has either the
personality or in my case, the personality or the transportation resources
or the money to get involved with something like Amway. I know you're
passionate about blind people having opportunities to become entrepreneurs,
and I'm right there beside you. I'm just saying that Amway isn't my cup of
tea but that for those of you who are involved and successful with it I
wasn't trying to slap in the face and you have got to stop taking things
like so seriously. You're successful with Amway. Alright good. I hope you
continue to be as successful as you say you are. I truly am glad for you.
But to call us losers just because not everyone wants to do what you do and
saying that some of us might be looking for wellfare plans instead of what
you call workfare plans is an unfair statement. Have a wonderful day to
everyone here and I hope to hear more soon. Oh, and I'm a very proud member
of the nfb as well.