[nABEntre] Quickbooks accessibility and possible alternative recommendation needed

Brad Dunsé brad at braddunse.com
Mon Oct 30 17:56:42 UTC 2023

Hi folks,

Are any of you using the online version of Quickbooks successfully with
a screen reader? The stand alone desktop version usable with Jaws
scripts is no more.

Second question, has anyone found a reasonably priced alternative to
Quickbooks that is accessible? Wave, Quicken, etc.

For my particular use of Quickbooks, multiple company files and payroll
tables, what I currently pay $1,100 over 3 years from upgrade to upgrade
for tax tables to work, will now cost me $5,504, and 81% increase.

Merry Christmas from Intuit.

I'll run non-payroll related company files on the old stand alone
version Quickbooks Pro 2021 until it gives up the ghost, or Intuit
implements non-access I suppose, but looking for any potential options
for payroll and bookkeeping in the long run.

Intuit has a Simple Starter at 50% off for the first year I'll be forced
to take, but beyond that, not sure. I may close that business down by
then anyway for other reasons so perhaps a non-issue, but the general
accessible bookkeeping ability still exists for the future.

Appreciate any input you may have.

Brad