[nabop] Fw: Accessible Phone Systems

Nancy Coffman nancylc at sprynet.com
Thu Aug 6 17:19:15 UTC 2009

Hello:

Our agency has a device called a Teletalk from Compusult in Canada.  I have
the information about it at work and would be happy to get it to you.  Our
system is a Centrex with Meridian phones.  In its native mode there is no
computer involvement.  I think they also have systems for other phones.

Mike Hansen at the University of Nebraska in Lincoln knows about the one
they have there.  I don't remember what the name of it is but it is quite
accessible with only a few glitches.  It operates the University, the State
switchboard and the City of Lincoln and Lancaster County.  It is a busy
board with more duties than just answering the phone.

There are a couple of outfits that have exhibited at NFB conventions
recently that also have options.  A lot of it depends on what phone system
you have.  The easiest way to continue this conversation would be to email
me at
nancy.coffman at nebraska.gov

I have all of the information at work and am currently on the road.  I am
happy to help.

Nancy Coffman