[nabop] a proofreading question

Mary Donahue braille at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 24 23:57:26 UTC 2009

Hello Sarah and listers,

    When I took the proofreading course, I had to read all of the lessons in
the Braille transcribing manual, but I only had to submit certain ones. For
example, my first assignment was to read Lessons 1, 2, and 3, and then
submit Lesson 3. The next assignment was to read Lessons 4 and 5 and submit
the exercise for Lesson 5. However, I took the course from May, 1987 until
February, 1990, when I received my notice of certification. Therefore, it
may not be necessary to submit all of the lessons if you are merely going to
proofread. However, you still have to take the transcribing part of the
course. I hope this helps you.

Mary Donahue, Vice President, NABOP