[nabop] Ideas for tracking staff attendence

Reanne Tangedal reannewithaplan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 16:53:28 UTC 2009

Hello all.

     My name is Reanne.  I am working as a receptionist in an agency that
helps adults with disabilities maintain independence and remain in their
homes and communities.  I am seeking information on ways to create an
accessible system of tracking office attendence that will meet the needs of
all in the office.  There are three of us (including myself) who have
varying degrees of vision loss from legal to total blindness.  We have been
using a staff book where staff members write when they are out and for what
reason, and staff will call into my front desk line when they will not be
coming into the office right away or if they are sick, etc.  I write people
in the staff book when they call in sick, etc. and I e-mail a message around
the office notifying them of anyone's absence since one of the three of us
with vision loss is totally blind.  We've thought about implementing the
Microsoft Outlook calendar to record our attendance, and also thought about
some kind of time card machine or time clock.  Does anyone know of time
clocks for the office that would be accessible by the blind or others?  Any
suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Sincerely,

Reanne (only using first name as preference)