[nabop] national convention is fast approaching.

Lisa Hall lhall007 at cinci.rr.com
Sat Jun 25 02:14:09 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

This is just a short message to everyone that a reminder of our meeting is
scheduled for July 3, 2011 with registration beginning at 6:30 P.M. and
meeting begins at 7:00 P.M. Please consult the convention agenda either
online at www.nfb.org or get a hard copy of the agenda as soon as you get to
the convention.  I don't know if it will be available on the first
preconvention day since registration will start the following day for room
location.  I hope that everyone have noticed that the NFB have posted
convention agenda in multiple formats at www.nfb.org. Also you will find
Braille and Microsoft word files of our menus at various restaurants around
the hotel where we are staying. There is also a list of exhibitors and the
layout of the exhibit hall as well. Currently our main speaker this year is
Connie Leblond from Rigel Technology. Mary Donahue, our Vice President, will
speak about update to Region 20 Education Service Center. I will give an
info on my experience as a volunteer reader for WRRS, a radio reading
service through Cincinnati Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired.
I may give an update on Clovernook Center for the Blind and our Braille
Transcription department. I may have one additional speaker but I'm still
working on that. See everyone in Orlando. Be prepared to give suggestions
for next year's agenda. Next year is an election year and future plan is to
do another Braille proofreading workshop as well if interest is still there.

Sincerely yours,

Lisa Hall, President, National Association of Blind Office Professionals
(NABOP)