[nabop] 2013 national convention in Orlando coming soon.

Lisa Hall lhall007 at cinci.rr.com
Sat Jun 15 14:43:11 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is getting ready for this wonderful convention in Orlando,
Florida.

I am really excited about this since I have been busy trying to put an
agenda together for two meetings.

I hope everyone read your April Braille Monitor where our announcements for
both meetings were published.

If anyone is planning to attend, I would like to get an idea of who is
coming.

I am sorry to regret that Mary Donahue, our vice president for this
division, will not be coming to this year's convention. There are medical
and financial being dealt with right now. Please pray for her and Peter
Donahue.

Any Board member such as Debbie Brown and Kevin Ledford, be prepared to give
your financial and minutes from last year's meeting. Send a copy to me by
email as soon as you can.

I have some speakers lined up for the first meeting.

I am still working on others but cannot say who it is until the day of our
meeting when we get there.

I will be arriving at convention on Sunday, June 30 and leaving early Sunday
morning on July 7, 2013.  If anyone needs to reach me at convention, the
best way to do that is to find me in the Ohio delegation or call on my cell
phone at (513) 550-5155. Please be patient since I am in a learning mode on
the iPhone 5. This is my first phone that is a touch-screen with very few
tactile buttons. I am in the market to purchase a portable Braille display
with Braille keyboard. It is my hope to have a speaker to talk about iphone
use with Braille display. I'm anxious to see if when reading a Braille book
in electronic format, is number of cells still important to you? Since some
Braille displays are 12, 14, 18, 20, 32, 40, 65, and 80 cells, which one do
you prefer? I personally like the 40 cells since I am a Braille proofreader,
however, Clovernook is far behind in utilizing paperless Braille displays as
a tool for proofreading and editing. Braille displays at work is only being
used when a person is doing correction on the files before final production
on a book or magazine.

I hope to be doing that down the road.

So much for rambling. I hope to see everyone there in Orlando, Florida.

Sincerely,

Lisa Hall, President of National Association of Blind Office Professionals
(NABOP), a Division of National Federation of the Blind