[nabop] new braille transcriber with some questions

Rebecca Ilniski rilniski at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 11:44:57 UTC 2013

Hello all.  I just joined this list.  I just took on braille
transcribing at the school for the blind where I work.  I'm totally
blind and a fluent Braille reader.  I'm taking the Braille Transcription
course through NFB.  My question is if there are any totally blind
Braille transcribers on list.  I use Kurzweil 1000 to scan documents.  I
proofread by listening to them and get someone with vision to proofread
before brailling.  My question is this: After scanning do you think that
the proofreading process in a scanned document can be done without
vision and are there any tips you can give for recognizing those
scannoes in a document?  When I listen, I usually use context clues to
figure which word may go in the sentence.  Let me know how you all get
through the proofreading process.

--
Rebecca and Zeb
email: rilniski at gmail.com