[nabop] Next Steps for Honing Braille Transcription Skills?

Valdez, Danielle, CFB Danielle.Valdez at state.nm.us
Wed Aug 9 19:21:56 UTC 2017

Hello,

I actually just passed the NCUEB exam in April. I did so by transcribing anything I could get my hands on! Any news articles from Newsline, emails, shopping lists, etc. I also read a book in hard copy braille in EBAE and a book in UEB on a BrailleSense. My advice is to immerse yourself as much as possible in braille.

I have also heard that the Hadley Institute for the Blind and Visually Impaired's Transition to UEB course will make you more than prepared for the NCUEB exam. I have taken the Braille Literacy 3 and 4 courses through Hadley and really enjoy it!

I hope this helps. Good luck in your future endeavors!

Best,

Danielle Valdez, NCUEB
New Mexico Commission for the Blind
2200 Yale Blvd. SE
Albuquerque, NM 87106

Phone: (505)383-2236
Toll Free in New Mexico Only: (888)513-7958 Ext. 32236
Email: danielle.valdez at state.nm.us