[nabop] Seeking advice about print mailings and filing in an office environment

Miranda B. knownoflove at gmail.com
Tue May 9 18:30:11 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

As my college courseload has lessened significantly for the summer and the
remainder of my Bachelors degree will be primarily online, I am considering
applying for part-time employment.

I have previous experience as a business owner for 9 years, but much of my
filing and communication was conducted electronically. Therefore, I am
wondering if any of you have tips related to working with incoming and
outgoing mail and print-based filing in an office environment.

I am completely blind, but I am a proficient Braille reader and JAWS user. I
also have an iPhone and regularly use KNFB Reader for OCR scanning tasks
related to school or home. I also use a printer/scanner here at home with
the ABBY FineReader OCR scanning software on my Windows-based computer with
JAWS.

For filing, I've considered creating print labels via Microsoft Word and
attaching them to file folders, along with Braille labels for my own
reference. I could use the same print labeling technique with
mailings/envelopes.

Any additional advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, and have a wonderful week!

Best wishes, Miranda