[nabs-l] it jobs problems

Antonio M. Guimaraes iamantonio at cox.net
Mon Dec 15 22:29:38 UTC 2008

Marvin,

One of your options it to travel 3 or 4 hours a day. I do it, and I am only
living in Providence RI, and working in Boston MA.

I count my commute time as 20 hours a week. This includes getting to work
about a half an hour before my shift each day, but since I treasure some
down time, or gearing up to a day time, I haven't asked my superiors for an
adjustment. If I did, I'd need to start the day at 8;45, which they could
work with. I get a feeling people like runded up times, get ti work and
leave on the hour, or the half hour.

I chose where I live, and where I work. I have my own reasons for doing so,
and I take on the 3 hours a day commute as something that comes with the
territory.

So, if you can get a job that pays well, and that is 3 hours travel round
trip, consider how many other blind, and sighted people do it in developing
countries, or even in the United States.

Some times you make sacrifices.

Sincerely,

Antonio, who is on vacation and doesn't have to travel this week.