[nabs-l] NFB of Ohio Student Division and Toledo chapter revitalization

Robert Spangler spangler.robert at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 04:39:20 UTC 2008

Hello Federationalists,

I have just returned from our state convention here in Ohio where a few
interesting events took place.  The one of which I would like to cover
the most in this email is the return of the NFB of Ohio student
division.  I myself was elected president and another member, who is on
this list as Annie, was elected to be secretary/treasurer.  Although I
may have done this several times before, I would like to take this
opportunity to introduce myself and give everyone my contact
information, especially those students from Ohio who are interested in
taking part in the student division.

I go by Robby and I am a 20-year old Sophomore attending the University
of Toledo in northwest Ohio.  I am currently pursuing a major in
Political Science and a minor in Spanish which I may later turn into a
major.  I am also a member of student senate which is part of student
government at the University of Toledo.  Basically, I listen, vote, and
pass resolutions that inform the administrators of the university what
the students think - collectively, of course.  I also have a strong
background in computers and am taking a computer science course in UNIX
administration and C programming.

If anyone wants to get ahold of me, feel free to email me at this
address, spangler.robert at gmail.com.  I can also be reached at
robert.spangler at utoledo.edu.  I can be found on Facebook under Robby
Spangler.  If you wish to talk by phone, please email me first off-list.

The last issue I would like to touch on is the revitalization of a NFB
chapter here in the Toledo/northwest Ohio area.  Anyone from Toledo or
surrounding areas interested in this please contact me.  This would be a
great opportunity for blind people in this region.

Thanks everyone,
Robby