[nabs-l] Organizations express outrage overrepublicandisability policy

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 17:12:06 UTC 2008

Antonio,

Laws change policies, not attitudes.  Further, the government cannot
realistically create jobs, unless you suggest the government only hire
people with disabilities to reduce the overall unemployment of that sector
of the population.  What is troubling about your continuing rhetoric is that
it would appear you are counting on an Obama administration to miraculously
make things better.  It will not.  To be fair, it cannot.  Vote for Obama if
you must, but vote with the understanding that all the success you pretend
will be achieved by your candidate are actually successes you and I will
have to work to make important items.  And no, it is not a plight.  Plight
is reserved for those who absolutely cannot overcome adversity.  The
generation of leaders that built the NFB we see today overcame their
obstacles with far less accessories we have today, so spare us all the
unnecessary gloomy language.  It may be part of some people's skeptical
reality, but it does not have to be part of ours.

Joe Orozco

P.S. Let's see some examples of all the instances the McCain campaign has
hinted at negativity for the disabled community portrayed by the article you
forwarded.  Claiming McCain and Palin have said this or that does not make
evidence, only hearsay.

"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity."--James M.
Barrie