[nabs-l] Blind and Visually Impaired Teen Group on Facebook!

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 4 20:39:38 UTC 2008

Hello Serina and listers,

    That is until Facebook changes their interface possibly making it
inaccessible to blind users. The same thing happened with MySpace a few
months ago. I recall reading a thread about this on this list. And there
won't be a thing we can do about it in the short run! Had the blog been
hosted in-house on our own server we'd have  greater control over changes to
the interface, access, and security.

    It is now possible to install Wordpress and other blogging software on
NFB Net allowing us to have the same control over this new outreach method,
and would assure that all blind and deaf-blind teens can participate.

Peter Donahue