[nabs-l] Blind and Visually Impaired Teen Group on Facebook!

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 5 01:59:32 UTC 2008

Hello Joe and listers,

NFB infiltrations of Apple and similar problematic Web sites etc did not
occur until all major accessibility issues were resolved to where they could
be used by a blind person independently. While there are accessibility
glitches with iTunes yet to be resolved at least one can use the program and
their Web site without needing to tangle with captchas, , etc. If we
operated this and other blogs on NFB Net or via the national Web sites not
only would we ensure their usability by blind and deaf-blind youth, but we
would have complete control over the interface as a whole thus protecting it
from alterations over which we would have no control.

**
The sign-up process may very well be difficult for blind people.  Yet the
accessibility beyond is not troublesome.

A.
    But if you're deaf-blind you're locked out.

Peter Donahue