[nabs-l] accomodations in public school

Franandiah Damstra fantasyfanatic01 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 14:11:00 UTC 2008

Hello everyone. I'm new here and I just want to say, YOU ALL ARE
LUCKY! I go to a very small christian private schools, and I get
nothing! I get "enlarged" assignments and extended tests, but that is
about it. Though I know braille, nobody will provide it for me. My
sight is 20/800. I am colour blind, I don't have either preferal
vision or depth perseption and yet all I ever hear is "Oh, you have
some sight so use it!" So consider yourselves VERY lucky. I would do
anything to get braille books. I can't read this print much longer, I
go home crying because my eyes are burning so badly. You all are
luckier than you know.

On 11/4/08, hannah <sparklylicious at suddenlink.net> wrote:
> All of my materials are brailled or on audio, but I don't get
> extra time on tests...

>>> 1.  What accomodations did you use?
>>> 2.  Were they effective? If you used print you may have been
> more effective
>>> with braille.
>
>>> 3.  What should have been done that was not?
>
>>> Common accomodations I can think of are: large print or braille
> handouts,
>>> audio texts, and extended time on tests.
>
>>> Thanks
>>> Ashley