[nabs-l] Texas TABS elections.doc

Jennifer Applegate jlastar at comcast.net
Wed Nov 5 15:43:38 UTC 2008

Greetings NABS members, here is an update on this past weekend's TABS
elections at the Texas NFB convention.
  _____

Hello everyone,

     This past weekend Texas had it's state convention.  The Texas
Association of Blind Students had it's board meeting on Friday night and
elected new officers as our president A.Z. Martinez is leaving.  Our 1st
Vice President Juan Del Rozario is the new President, our 2nd Vice President
Melissa Reyna is Vice President, our Treasurer Emily Beckstein is 2nd Vice
President, our Secretary is Gabriela Garibay reelected as the same position,
our new Board Member #1 is Juan Carlos Munoz, and our Board Member #2 is
Jennifer Applegate.  We are all greatful for the leadership of A.Z. Martinez
high goals accomplished throughout this past year including fundraising, our
TABS Spring Confrence in San Antonio, and participation with the Education
Advisory Board.  As A.Z. is leaving he will be greatly missed, however we
have a great group of officers who will work diligently to accomplish goals,
serve the community through educating them about successful blind students
and alternative independent blindness skills, along with serving the TABS
members through networking activities and confrences for this next office
term.  Congratulations to the new TABS officers.  As the saying goes We will
eat our elephant one bite at a time.