[nabs-l] Accomendations for school

Henry Vasquez henryfvasquez at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 05:56:38 UTC 2008

Sunflower

    Hello!  My name is Henry.  Fernanda you aren't the only one that has had trouble in school.  Just hang in there and maybe you can express how you feel with the Faculty,  staff or teachers.  Fernanda,  ask your parents to setup a meeting between all that are involved and express to them all of the troubles you are having.  Fernanda,  lastly you can contact Recording for the Blind they have a big selection of books.  I work there.  If you can't afford there initial sign up fee tell them so,  and they would wave it for you.  Fernanda,  I can understand the money difficultys your family is having,  I live in South Los Angeles and also had the same troubles.  I'm not sure or not if you mentioned this but do you have a Rehab,  Counselor?  If,  you don't get one!  I no that they are kind of slow but if you work it correctly you can get most of the services you need.  For example,  Books,  a computer,  Braille Note,  a Plex talk recorder two,  or even a Victor Stream.  when I first,  lost my eye sight,  they sent me to two different Schools for the Blind for Orientation training maybe that would be a good step for you.  people on this list can give you names or suggestions which ones are the best.  Fernanda,  please try to keep your spirits up and try your best,  there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.  Every baby step you take forward eventually will lead you to where you want to go.  As for college,  I would hope that you would re consider that.  If I can be of any inspiration I attend a University,  and maintain a four point Oh,  grade point average.  and I am totally Blind.  I am also on the way of graduating,  and becoming a Drug and Alcohol Rehabilatation Counselor.  Fernanda,  with in the next 2 years I will be opening up my own NON Profit.  Fernanda,  if you decide to attend College the people there most of the time are very helpful and there are many services that you can take advantage of.  At that age people are more mature then High School.  If you need any further information or advice you could E Mail me off list at henryfvasquez at gmail.com  Good Luck!  Henry.
Henry Vasquez.
YOU CAN EASILY JUDGE A PERSONS TRUE CHARACTER BY HOW THEY TREAT THOSE WHO CAN DO NOTHING TO THEM OR FOR THEM.
Live life as if there is no tomorrow.
Laugh as if no one is listening.
Dance as if no one is watching.
Love as if you have never been hurt.
SMILE! It's the second best thing you could do with your LIPS!