[nabs-l] Trays

Chris Westbrook westbchris at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 22:19:11 UTC 2008

Frankly, I don't think you should be ashamed of yourself if you don't know
how to carry a tray.  I mean, if you are physically capable of doing it,
sure it's a nice skill to have, but some don't have the balance for it, etc.
In that case it is much better to get help then try to do it yourself and
make a mess.  I myself do not know how to carry a tray by myself, and I
somehow made it through four years of collegte and am holding down a
successful job.  Carrying a tray isn't done much anyway outside of school
and maybe fast food places.  The people who make the leap from not being
able to carry a tray to not being able to get around a work site (and I
never had to carry a tray in a job interview) wouldn't hire you anyway, so
learn how if you feel motivated, but don't learn because you feel pressured.
Sometimes I think we place too much emphasis on one particular skill simply
just to put people down.  Just my two cents.