[nabs-l] Crossing the Street for the Blind

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 05:47:14 UTC 2008

Arielle,

It could just as easily provide an alert that the walk sign is lit, but it
cannot force cars to stop.  That's the most fundamental limitation of this
kind of system.  Of course, most cars do stop.  It's just that when one
doesn't, you're likely to become street pizza if you depend on this thing.

Not my idea of a good plan.

Joseph