[nabs-l] Special Ed.

Marty Rahn marty.rahn at juno.com
Wed Nov 19 04:43:11 UTC 2008

Beth,
That doesnt mean that you don't get a lot of opposition from those who are
already in the field to your wanting to join the field as a former recipient
of special education services.  I am currently getting quite a bit of
opposition from my program at the University of Northern Colorado.  I am
trying to become a teacher of blind children, and it's certainly not easy
when you're battling that age old belief that seems to be espoused by a lot
of so-called professionals in the field that as a blind student, you should
be the benificiary of special education services, but you shouldn't teach in
the field.  What Joseph said in another message is absolutely true, and it's
a downright shame!
Sincerely,
Marty Rahn
President, Colorado Association of Blind Students
Vice President, National Federation of the Blind of Colorado (Greeley
Chapter)