[nabs-l] 10 Best Tips for High School Students

Sarah Jevnikar sarah.jevnikar at utoronto.ca
Fri Oct 24 18:45:34 UTC 2008

I would say find out what courses you want to take in first year early - as
soon as you have accepted your offer of admission to a given university. Try
to work with the registrar and the students with disabilities office to get
you registered ahead of time into these courses. This will allow you to know
exactly what textbooks you need come September, which means that translation
of them into an alternative format can begin early. You don't want to have
to wait until mid-terms to get books. Also sign up for extracurriculars.
You'll enjoy your time at school more and have more chances to meet new
friends.
In short, do all the things I didn't. lol