[nabs-l] Fwd: Dorina Daisy Reader (DDReader) 1.0, a new DAISY 3.0 software player

David B Andrews David.B.Andrews at state.mn.us
Tue Oct 28 20:40:42 UTC 2008

 >>> Pedro Milliet <pedro at milliet.org> 10/27/2008 1:08 PM >>>
Hi all,

we are very happy to announce the 1.0 version of
DDReader (for Windows). It is a software
developed by Dorina Nowill Foundation for the
Blind from Brazil. It is available in three
languages: Portuguese, Spanish and English and is free to use and share.
It is the first free Portuguese DAISY 3.0 reader!
DDR is a Firefox add-on, so you must have Firefox to install it.
You can download DDReader from:
<http://www.caracol.com.br/agora/doc.cfm?id_doc=1982&lang=en>http://www.caracol.com.br/agora/doc.cfm?id_doc=1982&lang=en
(english page),
<http://www.caracol.com.br/agora/doc.cfm?id_doc=1982&lang=es>http://www.caracol.com.br/agora/doc.cfm?id_doc=1982&lang=es
(en español)
<http://www.caracol.com.br/agora/doc.cfm?id_doc=1982&lang=pt-br>http://www.caracol.com.br/agora/doc.cfm?id_doc=1982&lang=pt-br
(em português).

It is also available from the Firefox add-on
site, but it will remain in sandbox till it has
been reviewed by the Firefox editors.
You will find links to DDReader tutorials in each
language on the download page. It is also
included in the add-on (press T for tutorial on any DDR mode).

We have included many functions in this version,
and we expect to have more coming in the near
future. We also plan to have Linux and Mac versions soon.

Please, feel free to contact us at
<mailto:daisy at caracol.com.br>daisy at caracol.com.br
to any issue related to DDReader. All comments are welcome.

Best Regards,

Pedro Milliet & Eduardo Perez.
DDReader development team.
Fundação Dorina Nowill para os Cegos.